With the end of the school year, lots of summer birthdays and, of course, Father’s Day in the mix, we are bringing you some easy, interchangeable crafts for favorite teachers, favorite dads and just for fun! We’ve got a quick way to up your smoothie game, party favors for any fishing fans and a popsicles with a sweet surprise you can adapt to any dietary restrictions, allergies or sensitivities!
- Small jars
- Construction paper
- A bag of Surf Sweets Gummy Worms
- Draw and cut out fish shapes from construction paper.
- Write your guests’ names on the fish and tape or glue to the jars
- Fill with Gummy Worms
- Set out or stack the jars as take-homes.
Extra: We also love to use this idea with small metal tins for a fun fishing-themed center piece. Just add a live bait sign for extra giggles!
Father’s Day is coming up on June 21 (also the first day of summer in 2015). Want a fast craft to sneak in while he’s out for a bit? Whether he’s a fisherman or not, let him know you know he’s quite a catch!
- Clear tin or jar
- Cardstock or construction paper
- Fill a clear tin or jar with dad’s favorite sour or regular Surf Sweet gummy worms.
- Create a card with a fun, fish-y, Father’s Day theme.
A mason jar filled with a sweet treat is a great way to give a token of thanks for a great year to a favorite teacher, aide or coach. Filling it with the fresh fruit flavor of organic fruit juice and an extra sweet message? Even better!
- Mason jar
- Baker’s twine
- Cardstock or construction paper
- Double-sided tape or glue
- Gummy Bears, vegan Fruity Bears (pictured) or vegan Sour Berry Bears
- Cut cardstock or paper to the size of your jar.
- Write your message and tape or glue the paper onto the top of the mason jar.
- Wrap the sides of the lid with baking twine.
- Fill with Surf Sweets bears of your choice.
- Deliver with a hug! (Optional, but highly recommended)
We first saw this craft with regular gummy bears and lemon-lime soda. Soda and kids’ teeth (or anyone’s teeth!) don’t seem like a great match so we researched alternatives that would provide a healthier, but still super sweet, summer treat. Our solution? Coconut water, organic fruit juices or even homemade lemonade! Use something clear so you can see those gummy pals peeking out without any of the artificial flavors, colors or additives.
- Popsicle molds
- Coconut water, fruit juice or lemonade
- Surf Sweets Gummy Bears
Tailor to the instructions for you specific popsicle molds, but this is about as easy as it gets!
1. Wedge Gummy Bears into the molds.
2. Pour coconut water or fruit juice leaving about a half inch clearance at the top of the mold.
3. Slide the popsicle handle in. Yes, you may have to nudge a few bears out of the way. They don’t mind!
4. Lay flat in your freezer.
5. When they’re fully frozen and ready to enjoy, run under warm water for a few seconds to ensure easy removal from mold. Or, bring them out into the sun… it’ll warm ‘em up soon enough!
SMOOTHIE STRAW MAKEOVER
Having a spa day or girls’ getaway? Trying to sneak some veggies into your kids’ diets? Smoothies are a great option for any and all of those and may just be one our favorite summer treats. The best seasonal fresh or frozen fruits make for healthy delights on hot summer days.
Even better? Our gummy Fruit Rings fit over those large smoothie straws to make things that much more yummy. With peach and watermelon to choose from, you can compliment any smoothie you’re making. Bonus, both flavors are vegan and verified non-GMO!
How will you celebrate summer with Surf Sweets? Share it with us by tagging us @surfsweets or using #SurfSweets.